Courses for Teachers:
Online Teaching: Fundamentals of Instructional Design
This course provides K-12 teachers in New York State with the research and best practices needed to create a successful online course for students. NYSUT ELT is a proud sponsor of this LEAF Institute course.
- Discuss principles and best practices for successful online course design.
- Identify multiple tools for effective online learning.
- Practice and integrate specific pedagogical strategies.
- Collaborate with colleagues and course instructors to create online coursework.
- Align course content and assessments to state standards.
Online Teaching: Fundamentals of Instruction
This course, designed for K-12 educators in New York State, is pivotal to creating essential online experiences that equip students for career and college readiness. NYSUT ELT is a proud sponsor of this LEAF Institute course.
- Review best practices for successful online teaching on any platform.
- Practice specific communication skills to manage feedback and solve student problems.
- Develop strategies to facilitate enriching online discussions.
- Create and contribute to a nurturing online learning community.
Blended Teaching Essentials
This course uses the iNACOL Blended Learning Teacher Competency Framework to highlight the fundamentals of creating a successful blended learning environment.
- Discuss how blended learning supports critical school, district, and state initiatives.
- Focus on the technical skills needed to facilitate blended learning.
- Discover the value in effective assessment design.
- Practice analyzing student performance data.
- Create differentiated learning opportunities for students.